Wednesday 7 June 2006

Distractions

It would appear that I have entered this.


Meet the members of the team that have already been selected:


Needle try-outs will be taking place tomorrow. (Note the ziploc bag. The stash yarn is overjoyed finally to be promoted from squad to team).

I have a snowflake's chance in hell of finishing, my exams being the equivalent of Wayne Rooney's metatarsal. For those who aren't familiar with English football, here's a picture of our national treasure:


Oops, I mean here:


Ahh, bless.

(In fairness, I should point out that Rooney is also frequently compared to Pelé).

I figured if I'm going to be a World Cup widow, I'd better have a World Cup baby to look after. Let the games begin.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Once again, American anti-soccer chauvinism rears its ugly head as I ask "there's a World Cup KAL?" Sigh. We're so provincial.

Marie said...

Ooo, what a beautiful moss-green baby! You've finally found your lace! :)

eireann said...

hahaha! they do look alike. :)

Anonymous said...

lovely pattern choice to keep you company. world cup knitting--very exciting. i'll be cheering you on! hope exams are going well.

kirsten said...

OMG I can't believe how much that guy looks like Shrek!! May your Knitting World Cup be a success :)
And thanks for the niceness about my quilt!

Anonymous said...

Cool! World Cup knitting! Wish I'd entered.