Wednesday 30 January 2008

Dredging the frog pond

Starting to write again; trying to follow through on things and finish those I begin knitting; finally getting round to projects that have been on my To Knit list for as long as I've been knitting... What better place to start than my work basket?

I have essays to write and exams looming and when I haven't done enough work in a day I feel as if I'm walking around with a cloud on a string, like a small child with a helium balloon tied to its wrist, only a fair bit less exuberant. My knitting has been a little like that too, for longer than I care to think about. Whenever I get excited about a new project, I stumble across my basket full of unfinished and determinedly unmentioned projects, sternly tell myself that I can't knit anything else until I've dealt with the unfinished muddle, and assuredly sooner or later the shiny new knit joins its sad cousins in the basket.

It's a new year full of plans, I turned 25 a few weeks ago, things are changing rapidly all around me and I think it's about time I faced up to a few things around here.

I really don't want to lose hold of this little space and all the joy it has given me (however sporadic a blog poster and lax a blog friend I may be) so I'm going to document this spring clean here.

Please excuse me while I rip, wash and sort out my crumpled knitting in public. I'm hoping much good will come of it, and I'd love to have you there to talk to along the way.

6 comments:

Daphne said...

Odd, your basket of works in progress (let's not call them UFOs here) look quite appealing to me. It would be fun to trade.

minifig said...

It's lovely having you back in blogland m'dear. See you soon x

Ashley said...

Frogging? Therapeutic. This is gonna be fun.

Rachel said...

Good luck with the spring cleaning! It can be so cathartic, can't it?

craftoholic said...

Happy belated Birthday :-)))

Marie said...

Hmm, my comment did not seem to have gone through. Silly computer. Anyhoo, I think nothing beats spring cleaning for therapeutic and stress-relieving value. :) I've been itching to do the same with my WIPs too...will have to hold off till after the move though. Then I too will air my languishing pile of unfinished projects. :) I'm looking forward to seeing the contents of your knitting baskets!