Sunday 10 June 2007

Unexpected consequences...

... of a first evening spent in front of the TV since I was at home over Christmas: wound yarn.


Hydrangea and Bird of Paradise, from Sundara's Petals Collection. I joined the Petals Collection at the very beginning, when I was revising for my exams last year. I'd never really thought of joining any kind of yarn or pattern club before, but I liked the idea of spending the money I had saved unexpectedly by staying in revising on some kind of reward for said hard work, and the idea that I'd keep receiving little presents all year seemed too good to miss - from me trying to get into medical school, to me at medical school. Or something like that. So far I have swatched the first installment. Uselessly, as it turns out.

Luckily a medical education is studded with exams. Maybe by the time I'm a registrar I will have a whole Petals sock.

3 comments:

craftoholic said...

oh, nothing like some Sundara yarn to get my heart beating faster! So pretty, what patterns do you have in mind?

Marie said...

I love her yarns. I'm quite regretful that I never signed up for the club. The wound balls look so loevely! Can't wait to see the sock gradually emerge. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, pretty colors. Enjoy!